Cathy Pareto, MBA, CFP®Financial Planner
Cathy Pareto, MBA, CFP®
Experience: Cathy has been helping affluent investors achieve their financial objectives for nearly twenty years. She has extensive experience in retirement issues, asset allocation, investment selection, investment management, education planning, estate planning coordination, and asset protection strategies. Cathy also serves as an “expert witness” in legal matters.
Educational Background: Cathy earned her BA in Finance and later her Executive MBA at Florida International University, graduating in the top three of her class and as a result she was inducted into the prestigious Beta Gamma Sigma Graduate Business Honors Society. Additionally, she was an Adjunct Professor and Faculty Coordinator for the CFP® Program at Florida International University’s College of Business.
In the Media: Cathy Pareto is a sought after source for the financial media. Her articles have been published in numerous periodicals and websites, including Forbes.com, Yahoo Finance, Investopedia, Women in Business, Miami Medicine, Florida Medical Business, AccountantsWorld.com, My Financial Advisor, Indexfunds.com, and Fundsinteracctive.com. Her media contributions include quotes in BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News, The Miami Herald, The Sun Sentinel, CNNfn, Latina Magazine, Hispanic Trends, AARP’s Segunda Juventud, and many other financial publications. She has appeared on numerous television and radio shows including CNBC’s “Power Lunch”, Fox Business News “Your Questions, Your Money”, NBC’s “South Florida Today”, WLRN/NPR’s “Topical Currents”, “Wealth & Wisdom”, Total Picture Radio, Landed Radio and more.
- Greater Miami Estate Planning Council – Board of Directors 2006-2012
- NAPFA National Association of Personal Financial Advisors – South Region Board Member 2007-2009
- Financial Planning Association – Past Member of the Board of Directors
- The Miami Foundation – GLBT Projects Fund, Past Professional Advisory Committee member
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church – Member of the Vestry, Term 2018-2021
- Worth Magazine, Top 250 Wealth Advisors 2008
- Forbes Magazine, Top Ten Most Dependable Wealth Managers for Women in U.S. (Goldline Research), 2008
- South Florida Business Journal, 40 Under 40 List, Class 2009 – honoring the region’s best and brightest professionals under 40 years old for their professional success and community involvement
Cathy is fluent in both English and Spanish. In her spare time Cathy enjoys spending time with her family, volunteering in the community, listening to music, and traveling.
Cathy Pareto, MBA, CFP®, is the Founder and President of Cathy Pareto & Associates, Inc., which has been named in Forbes as one of the Top 10 Most Dependable™ Wealth Managers for Women in the U.S. as well as being selected to Worth Magazine’s list of America’s Top Wealth Managers for 2008.